Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sensational Sunday Inspirations + CANDY!

Hi Stampers,

Hope you are having a great weekend! Mine started off way better than my week went with a new addition to our family :)


This is my new little nephew Jaxsyn! He was born yesterday :) He is a little guy - only 6 lbs 5 oz and 19.5" long!

This week the our Sunday Blog Hop winner was chosen from Nina's Blog:

Here are your random numbers:


9





Timestamp:  2013-09-29 06:00:57 UTC

Congratulations to Debby4000 who said: Absolutely adorable and gorgeous too.
luv Debby

Congratulations Debby! You're name will be in the $20.00 Gift Card Drawing on October 6th!!

In the Drawing so far:

1. Iamuniquelyimperfect
2. JoAnn
3. Rachel Parys
4. Debby 4000

Welcome to the Loves Rubberstamps weekly Sensational Sunday Blog Hop! The Design Team has created some gorgeous projects for your Inspiration. Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, each stop will have a full list of links. One of the Design Team posts is the hop's Sensational Sunday Sweet Spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to be in a monthly drawing for a $20 Loves Rubberstamps Gift Voucher!  We will draw the winner of the Voucher the 1st Sunday of each month! Remember, you have until 8:00 pm CST Saturday to leave your comments!

For my project I thought I would share my Secret Release project that I created for the September New Release for Crafty Sentiments Designs. I have had quite a few people ask if we will be getting the new releases in the store and the answer is YES! I do plan on getting ALL of the Crafty Sentiments Designs images that we can carry in the store, listed as a Preorder. That way we make sure we are ordering the customer requests first because there have been quite a few new ones since our last order! So look for those this week!

I was given the super cute Space Walking image for my project. Now this probably dates me, but just remember I am 29 :) ... when I was little one of my favorite candy treats to get when Grandpa took us to the store was Pop Rocks. When I saw this image I thought it would be cute to make a little Pop Rocks Wallet! Pop Rocks are getting harder to find now, but you can still find then at convenience stores and sometimes around the holidays in the bigger stores.






I colored my image with Copic markers. I did the background around my image by just doing dots in different shades because I wanted it to look like they were floating in space. The papers that I used are from Graphic 45 which we will be getting in the store soon :)

If you are wondering how I created my Pop Rocks Wallet here is a tutorial for you...

To create the wallet:
Take an 8.5” x 5.5” piece of cardstock
Along the 8.5” side – Score at 3 3/16” and 6 3/8”
Take Designer paper to Decorate if you wish…
Your Designer Paper to cover the front will be – 3 1/8” x 5 3/8”
                                   to cover the back cover – 2 7/8” x 5 3/8”
                                   For the Inside Flap Piece – 2” x 5 3/8”
You will want to place your Designer Paper on the Inside Flap FIRST, then place your two Brads to hold the flap shut, and then place your back cover Designer Paper on. That way the back sides of the brads are covered.
To Create the Belly Band:
Take an 8” long piece of cardstock or Designer Paper and score at  2 5/16” on each end
Fold around and secure. You can mount your image to the Belly Band.

Be sure to check out what the other Designers have for you today ! Don't forget to leave comments on all the blogs for the most chances to win to be in our drawing on October 6th!! Enjoy your Sunday and thanks for stopping by!

Nina


Have a great day!

Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Glitter & Sparkle Challenge - Add Some Metal  (metal sparkle brads)

14 comments:

Anonymous

GORGEOUS make, Laura!!! I love the addition of the POP Rocks!! Too fun!!!
I am soooo sooooo sooooo sooooooo excited for you to get the Crafty Sentiments in stock... come to mama!! :) ;) :)

CONGRATS on your new nephew!! What a cutie!!
xo

PaperDaisies

Congratulations on the birth of your nephew. He's so cute.
Love your creation Laura. Love the colouring technique you have used. The result is stunning.
Hope you a have a great week, hugs Nina

jonim52

Congrats on the new addition to your family. Fab project!

zehra

Thanks for the tutorial gorgeous project love ur coloring congrats on the new addition to ur family

Shanna Shands

This is so fun. I have been wanting to create some projects not card based this will be perfect for some holiday and birthday ideas!

D-

Congrats on your new nephew. He is gorgeous.
What a fun birthday card idea. Pop rocks can be a fun interactive candy.
Wonderful job coloring up your cute.image. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
designsbydragonfly.blogspot

Athina

Congrats on the new addition! He is a cutie, and such a little guy! Those pop rocks are perfect for this image! Beautifully done!

Regina Easter

awe how sweet...what a blessing....congrats....your projects are so cute

IamUniquelyImperfect

I love this so cute. great way to give a treat. tfs Love Ya' Patricia

Holly AKA KopyKat

Jaxsyn is adorable.
Love the treat holder and the pop rocks is genious with that image, love it! Great design and colors. So excited we are going to get more paper in!!!

Dangina Martinez

Hard to keep yours eyes off that handsome boy.. Your card is so amazing!! I love the adorable images and your fab design. This is such a great idea.
Hugs, Dangina

~ Jo ~

Laura congratulations on being an aunt! Your nephew is adorable!!!! And your wallet and that adorable image is awesome! Such a great idea, TFS!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Unknown

This is awesome, Laura - I love it! Can I have one, please? :)
Have a great day...

jane stillman

A great project, love the bright colours. Thank you for joining us over at Glitter n Sparkle, good luck

Post a Comment