Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sensational Sunday Inspirations Blog Hop + Candy

Hi Stampers,

It's time for the Sensational Sunday Winner to be drawn... This week the winner was chosen from
Joni's Blog!

Here are your random numbers:

4
 
Timestamp: 2013-09-07 22:37:32 UTC

Congratulations to Iamuniquelyimperfect who said: What a gorgeous creation! Your coloring is amazing and I love your layout. You're name will be in the $20.00 Gift Card Drawing on October 6th!!

Welcome to the Loves Rubberstamps weekly Sensational Sunday Blog Hop! The Design Team has created some gorgeous projects for your Inspiration. Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, each stop will have a full list of links. One of the Design Team posts is the hop's Sensational Sunday Sweet Spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to be in a monthly drawing for a $20 Loves Rubberstamps Gift Voucher!  We will draw the winner of the Voucher the 1st Sunday of each month! Remember, you have until 8:00 pm CST Saturday to leave your comments!


For my project today I decided to do my first... I guess you would call it an art journal page. It is not in a book yet, and I didn't use any fancy mixed media stuff...just my favorite stuff that I like. But I guess there is no right or wrong way to art journal...so that is what I am calling it - LOL!
 
 
 
 
 
I used one of my favorite Ching-Chou Kuik images called Dark Sirene and colored her with copics. My page is 6 1/4" x 6 1/4". The Designer paper I chose is from the Gorgeous Girls line...totally my favorite paper ever and I will be getting it listed in the store, hopefully by early Monday morning :) I frantaged the edges, again this will be in the store soon too! The flowers are some of my favorite colors and they are from prima...will be in the store soon too - LOL! The die cut tree is the La La Land Heart Tree Die  and I used the Martha Stewart Branch Punch to punch some branches for under my flowers.
 
I wanted this to look like kind of a dark, mysterious night with a few stars and I thought the gold frontage looked a little like fireflies :)
 
Here is a close up of my journal words that I stamped on vellum:
 

 

This is part of the sentiment that comes with the Ching-Chou Kuik The Seahorse set. I completed my page with one of my favorite butterfly embellishments that I bought of Etsy.
 
Here is a close up of Dark Sirene:
 
 
 
I did the background around her with copics by dotting different colors and then blending them with the lightest yellow and teal I had. Then I sponged the edges with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Shaded Lilac.

Be sure to check out what the other Designers have for you today!! Don't forget to leave comments on all the blogs for the most chances to win to be in our drawing on October 6th!! Enjoy your Sunday and thanks for stopping by!
 
Nina


Have a great day!

Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes w/ Optional Grandparents Day
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Robyn's Fetish - Must Use Yellow, Blue & Red
Allsorts Challenge - Use a Butterfly on Creation
Catch the Bug - September Challenge - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin - Got the Blues
Totally Gorjuss - Anything Goes
Crafts-Too Challenge You - Texture - Embossing on Vellum, Die Cut Swirly tree, Frantage, Flowers
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Graph It Color Challenge - Background Effects
SweetPea Stampers - Fantasy Challenge
4 Krafty Girls - Anything Goes
As You Like It Challenge - Favorite Flowers or Favorite Trees - These Prima Flowers are my Favorite because, I love the colors they come in as they are pretty neutral and I love that they have a gold type embossing on the petals already.
Southern Girls Challenge - Make Believe
Anything Goes Challenge - In the Garden - Add Some Butterflies
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
 

34 comments:

PaperDaisies

Laura, what a stunning journal. I love how you have done her hair. Just beautiful. Hugs Nina

jonim52

Wow, that is stunningly, glittery gorgeous!

Holly AKA KopyKat

Wow, this is fabulous! Love the colors and the great design with your image. Amazing.

Anonymous

Exquisite, Laura!!! You have blown me away!!! :) :)
There are so many components and details all working together to make this look incredible!! :) :) :)
So well done!!!
XO
Nicole

Athina

How beautiful Laura! I love all the detail you have added. It will be awesome in your journal! Have a great week!

Hazel

A gorgeous work of art - thanks for sharing this for The Sweet Pea Stampers fantasy challenge - hope to see more of your lovely crafting soon - Hazel, Design Team x

Vicky

This is gorgeous & I soooooooo love the image, I have this stamp also.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

IamUniquelyImperfect

Oh my goodness, that is beautiful. Love the colors of the image, love the sentiment and I love the butterfly. Awesome! Love Ya' Patricia

Michelle

Beautiful card Laura - love it! Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers.

Kym's Crafty Cards

You have made a wonderful art journal page. You have used a beautiful Ching-Chou Kuik dryad image and coloured it in perfectly. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “fantasy” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

brenda

A gorgeous image Laura and great colour choice.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Unknown

Absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring is amazing. Thank you for joining us this week at 613 Avenue Create!

Unknown

What a gorgeous piece of art! I love the way you have colored in the Dryad... Thank you for playing along with the Sweet Pea Stampers "Fantasy". Good luck and we hope to see you again sometimes. Sylvia, DT-member Sweet Pea Stampers

Anonymous

Fabulous card LOVE those prima flowers too! so pretty!
Thanks for adding the info next to the link up!
and thanks for joining in with our challenge to As You Like It, hugs Samantha : 0)

Carmen

Love your page... It defiantly should go in an art journal or something. Well done.

Angelique

Stunning. Beautiful colouring and the butterfly is gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers

Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Michelle

Very beautiful card. Your coloring is amazing. Thank You for sharing over at the Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog.

Michelle (DT)

8kidsandstillfindtimetocraft

Beautiful ..thanks for joining us at 4 krafty girlz challenge blog. . Anita DT x

Dangina Martinez

Fabulous! The dp used for the tree is great. Love the effect it gave.

fiona mctiernan walker

What a gorgeous card thankyou for joining us at challenges 4 everybody and good luck. Fiona DT.

Anonymous

Gorgeous card and image, great design and lovely colors. Thank you for joining us at 4 krafty Girlz this fortnight. Abbie xx

Granmargaret

This is lovely. Thank you for joining the challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers. Hope to see you next time.

Rachel

Very pretty card. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Craftnut

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts Tracy x

Shirley

Such a pretty image and a beautiful card. Love it.

Thank you for sharing with us at C2CU Challenges.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Mooloos down south

Stunning card. Thanks for joining along with southerngirlschallenge .

Sharon

mixamatoasties

That's so lovely.

Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan x

Chana Malkah

Laura, this is quite imaginative and so very well done! I love your awesome attention to detail in your designs! Great job! Thanks for slipping this under our door here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Doreen

gorgeous card. Love the image and the background
Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week
Doreen xx

Min

What a Fabulous creation!
Thanks so much for playin’ along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
Be sure to check out The Bug Blog for our newest Indian Summer challenge beginning today! We hope you’ll play along!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min: Bugaboo Asst DT Coordinator
Kaymin Kreations

D-

Your card is GORGEOUS! LOVE your pretty colors. TFS.
Crafty hugs
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Annette

Wow, fab image. I love all those gorgeous colours in her hair.
Thank you so much for joining in with our ‘Favourite Trees or Flowers’ challenge at the As You Like It Challenge.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for :
As You Like It Challenge,
ABC Christmas Challenge,
Top Tip Tuesday,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stamp Fairy.

Debi

Wow! Fantastic! The sentiment is perfect. Love how you did her hair with all the tiny white dots. A great journal page. TFS
DebiB

Jennie Atkinson

Fabulous textures and all those wonderful colours. Thanks for sharing your wonderful journal page with us at C2CU this month.

Post a Comment