Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Polished to Perfection!

Hi Stampers!

It will be a two post day for me today :) This week I started designing for The Cutting Café again! I am super excited for that and can't thank Regina enough for having me back :) This week for our Design Team Project we could choose any file we wished to use.

This week is also our Anything Goes Challenge at Loves Rubberstamps and The Cutting Café is our Guest Sponsor so I combined my projects for this week :) My daughter's birthday is next month so I decided to create a little gift box and a matching card for her and be ahead of things when the time comes :)

Here is the set that I created:



When I saw that adorable little Nail Polish Box Holder Template from The Cutting Café I immediately thought of my Polished To Perfection A'La Mode and thought it would create the cutest set!

Here is a close up of the Nail Polish Box...


I actually used two different files from The Cutting Café to create this. I used the Nail Polish Box Template, which comes with templates for two different boxes, the one like I made and then a rectangular one. You can kind of see in my first photo that there is a little box between these two Nail Polish Bottles. You can fit one or two bottles of full size nail polish inside depending on the shape of the bottle. The sentiment on the Nail Polish Bottle is from the Nail Polish Shaped Card Invite Set. This comes with quite a few cute sentiments that you can decorate with.

Here is a close up of my card:



All of my designer papers are from the Authentique Lovely paper pack. My flower is from prima and I used the Martha Stewart Branch punch to create some little leaves. I had to use my Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress ink to ink the sides of everything. I think this is becoming a must for me :) I used Frantage for the second time and love how it looks. This time I remembered to heat from the bottom of my paper BEFORE layering I so it turned out better I think :) The rose trim is my FAVORITE and it is actually from Stampin Up! I need to buy cases of this - LOL!




You can't see it very good in pictures but on the nail polish bottle I used some frosty shimmer paint to make it look pearly like the frosty nail polishes have. It looks really pretty in person with the shimmery glaze on it.

For the layout on my card I used this week's My Favorite Things Sketch:



Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check back later today for my Design Team Post for Crafty Sentiments Designs! I hope that you will play along with us in this week's Loves Rubberstamps Anything Goes Challenge! Also ... be sure to check out The Cutting Café Inspiration Blog tomorrow afternoon to see what my fellow Design Team Members created and when you leave a comment on the blog post, you might be the lucky winner of the weekly giveaway :)

Have a great day all!
Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge
Bearly Mine Challenge - #102 Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Paper Piecing
Creative Craft Challenge - Picture Inspiration
Mema's Crafts - September Challenge - Lace & Flowers
Addicted To Stamps - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Joanna Sheen - Pretty In Pink
A Gem of a Challenge - Use 2 Backing Papers
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Left of Center Challenges - Girly or LOC
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes With Ribbons
The Paper Shelter - Lace & Pearls
Penny's Paper Crafty - 3 embellishments - pearls, ribbon, flowers
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

29 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh what a fabulous set! She is going to love this. Fabulous design and I love the A La Mode and all the details. Super cute matching box! EEEEK, I love it!

Anonymous

This is gorgeous!!! :)) :))
I love all of the layers & details!! :))
So pretty !!
That à la mode makes me smile!!! So cute!!
Xo

Regina Easter

laura oh my what a fantastic set and the perfect image to go along with the nail polish box...you so rock...welcome back girlie

Melissa Bove

So beautiful! Love that nail polish box!! Such a cute set!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Sheryl

What a fantastic set. Your daughter will be delighted with this. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week. Hugs Sheryl xx

jonim52

I love this card. Of course, I love nail polish. I think I have to get the nail polish box!

Michelle

Beautiful card Laura - my daughter would love this! Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers.

Scrappy Boy

WOW!!! Amazing!!! I hope to learn lots from you!!!! Just beautiful!!!

Athina

What a fun card! I love the dp and the flowers. So sweet!

Unknown

Wonderful project , love it .Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers with our Anything goes challenge hugs Tania xx DT

Dangina Martinez

What a fabulous combo. The image and nail polish are just so darn cute. Love it!
Hugs, Dangina

Nela

Great project!
Thanks for playing with us Bearly Mine Challenge!
Nela xx

Sandra

Gorgeous set Laura!! I love the vintage look on this!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
Hugs,Sandra

Julie Odil

This is fabulous! I love how the card matches the nail polish holder. Way to rock both DT projects!

Unknown

Just love your 2 projects here the card and polish box for your daughter's birthday! So fun together for a girl! Just great! Thank you for playing this week at 613 Avenue Create!

Lisa

Aww, this is so sweet Laura! Lovely colors. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

Unknown

This set is just so gorgeous!

Chana Malkah

Your card is beautiful! And that nail polish box is so cute! The background you created for your image is just amazing and elevates your design. Great work! Thanks so much for slipping this into our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Gale

Just fabulous! Love the card and cute box. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Craft Challenges and good luck in the challenge. Hugs, Gale DT

Jeri

OMG-too fabulous! What a great matching set. Your daughter is going to love it. Beautiful embellishments.

Leslie

Wow...AWESOME!!

Mema's Crafts

You captured the sketch perfectly and I love that nail polish holder. Your design colors go well with your image. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Mema's Crafts. Good luck in our challenge draw.

Helen

Just gorgeous - such a pretty image and I love the little nail polish holder.

Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Helen x

Sparkly Engineer

What a cute set. I love the image you chose for it. The card is outstanding. I really like all the different design elements you chose. The little fabric roses really make the connection with the two items.

Kara Curry

This is super cute! Your colors are lovely and you did such a great job with this sketch! I love your layout and sheer organza ribbon you used too! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Buy Ribbon Challenges! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

Kim

gorgeous and love the details. Thanks for joining us at the Joanna Sheen challenge! Kim x

Anonymous

This is great! I love how you tied all of your paper piecing DP together - it looks so sweet and elegant!!
Hugs,
Lyn

Steph

Beautiful card! I love all the layers and that rose trim is perfect. Thanks for joining us at LOC this week. :)

Sol

Beautiful Design!!! FAB FAB Put together.. Love the girl.. she is Beautiful!.. Love the Colors and Papers!
Thank you for joining us at ATSC! :o) Hugs Sol :o)

Post a Comment